Having a water fountain in your garden offers a serene look to your home. It adds beauty and elegance to your backyard. But, it can be a hassle sometimes when it’s time to clean your garden fountain. Especially, it becomes a challenging task to clean stone water features in your garden fountain. Without proper cleaning, your garden fountain will lose its sheen gradually over time. Moreover, the chances of algae forming increases without regular maintenance. If you don’t know how to clean your garden fountain with stone features properly, continue reading, as this article will walk you through the process.
- First, start off the cleaning process by switching off the garden fountain. Unplug the power source and drain off the water from the fountain. If you have a larger fountain, turn your fountain off and separate it from the breaker for safety purposes.
- Take off all the items from the fountain’s basin. You have to remove any type of decorative items or stones. By doing so, you can clean each item separately, which will make things easier for you.
- Now, it’s time to remove the pump out of water fountain. This step will let you inspect if there’s any type of algae or any type of harmful substance formed. You must not neglect this, since it helps you take care of your stone water features in the fountain.
- After doing that, empty the water from your garden fountain. You can take help of a water pump for this step, as it’s quite a difficult task to empty the water manually. Make sure that you don’t leave any water.
- Make sure that you don’t use any type of malicious chemicals to clean the garden water fountain. Since water fountains are manufactured using different types of materials, it’s better take suggestions from the seller on how to clean it properly.
- Now, if you find any algae on the stone water features, scrub it off. It might feel difficult if you haven’t cleaned your garden fountain for a long time. So, try to clean it every now and then.
- After doing so, rinse the fountain and remove any soap or cleaning solutions. The goal is to have a water fountain without anything, whether it’s water or soap.
- If there are white scales, try to use distilled water. Sometimes, tap water contains contaminants such as calcium. To remove such elements, you may have to use cleaning solutions such as calcium and lime removers.
- For algae removal, there are several cleaning products available. So, ensure that you use such cleaning agents to maintain and clean your fountain regularly. While doing so, try to use a cleaning product that’s safe for pets and birds.
- To keep it simple, following this fountain cleaning process every month so that your stone water features in the fountain remain clean. It becomes much easier for you if you’re cleaning it consistently.
By taking all the above-mentioned steps, you can easily clean your garden fountain without any complications. If you have any sort of doubts or questions, make sure that you consult the seller to know more information about the cleaning process of stone water features in your garden fountain.